Recognizing Trauma in the Breastfeeding Dyad: A Global, Generational and Specific Perspective
This presentation offers a brief overview of Global, Generational and Specific Trauma and the impact on the Breastfeeding Dyad.
The participants will gain an Overview of Signs and Symptoms of Trauma, Tools to Identify Trauma
- Integrating Trauma identification into the Dyad intake
- Referrals for identified positive trauma markers
- Specific connections to babies born with Oral Akyloglossia and the Frenectomy Release process
- Application to Dentists / Dental offices who treat infants / Dyads expressing trauma responses
- The participant will be offered concrete ways/tools to screen for trauma in their practice
- Participants will be given various views and strategies on making referrals for the positive identification of trauma markers.
- Dentists / MD’s treating Oral Frena will receive specific sequencing of care and resources for referral for families expressing trauma